SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Company Theatre, Norwell, MA
The Company Theatre (TCT) located in Norwell MA, enhances the cultural climate of the South Shore community through their offerings of performing arts productions, programs, and education. A non-profit performing arts organization, through its mission TCT entertains, enlightens, and energizes audiences with high quality productions. Its Academy (ACT) inspires students of all ages through the power of the performing arts.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The social media and communications coordinator clearly and concisely conveys TCT’s mission in the highest standard possible to promote ticket sales, student enrollment, auditions, fundraisers, and community involvement. Individual in this position will establish strong and meaningful relationships with media representatives, business partners, board members, volunteers, and colleagues. This position reports to the Managing Director and will also work in tandem with the Artistic Leadership of the organization.
- Assist in the design and management of social media content for TCT including scheduling social posts, creating Instagram and Facebook stories, and designing graphics.
- Assist in the development of social media fundraising campaigns.
- Daily management and maintenance of the TCT website
- Assist in creating content for email marketing campaigns and distribution twice a month
- Creating, producing, and writing scripts for promotional videos for each production
- Distribute promotional videos to all social media sites and Hollywood Agency
Serve as TCT Liaison to Hollywood Agency
- Create and provide show specific information to agency 6-8 weeks prior to each production
- Suggest “hooks” and alternative ways to promote each production
- Coordinate staff, actors etc., for interviews
Printed Materials Coordination
- Assist in coordination and creation of all printed materials
- Coordinate playbill content for all TCT and ACT productions
- Develop and manage a communications calendar
- Assist with maintaining yearly marketing plan and budget
- Create lobby visual displays for each show when appropriate
- Maintain a photo and video archive for all productions
- Coordinate materials for Board Meetings occurring 4-5 times per year
- Represent TCT in all relevant professional associations and at off-site functions and events
Above all, must be knowledgeable and passionate about the performing arts and its potential for performance, education, and community impact. We are looking for an individual that has 2-3 years of social media, marketing, or development experience, preferably in the arts, that aligns with the above-described requirements. Experience in social media, graphic design, and/or video production is a plus.
We collaborate with people of all ages, ethnicities, genders, and varying abilities to provide outlets of expression for their creativity. In the ever-changing world of performing arts, TCT embraces the need for inclusion and diversity on stage and in leadership roles.
- Positive and can-do attitude — Confident and willing to deal with problems and/or new tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills — Collaborative, friendly and humorous, contributes their strengths to projects
- Organized and resourceful — Problem solves independently, not easily overwhelmed with multiple tasks
- Able to prioritize and multitask — Responds to a full docket with efficiency and expediency
- Responsive to feedback — Seeks feedback and applies immediately, takes suggestions with good intent
- Communicative — Able to communicate openly and freely with supervisors and colleagues
- Independent — Able to solve problems alone and manage own projects and workload
- Writing and editing — Must have proficient English writing and editing skills, including grammatical precision
- Excellent Computer skills – Advanced Microsoft Office skills are preferred; with proficiency in a MacOS environment as well.
Salary for this full-time position is $40,000-$45,000.
This is an on-site position located in Norwell MA. Remote work is not possible. Comprehensive benefits include health insurance, retirement savings, and paid time off.
Please send cover letter and resume to Michael Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those inquiries sent without a cover letter will not be considered.